Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nom! Nom! Nom! - Sweet Potato French Fries

Lately I've been buying sweet potatoes and cooking awesome french fries! It is such a fast and easy recipe to whip up as a side dish and it looks very impressive. Perfect for entertaining, I guarantee your guests will love them! ;)

SweetP.1

sweetP.5

sweetP4

sweetp.3

Ingredients
sweet potatoes (I cut up one per person)
olive oil
salt
pepper
nutmeg
cinnamon

1. Use a really sharp knife and cut into thin strips (I personally love them really crispy, so the thinner the better!)
2. Put them in a large bowl and add a tablespoon or so of olive oil. You want the potatoes to be covered, but not drenched.
3. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon to taste.
4. Lay out on a cookie sheet covered in tin foil coated in PAM, and put in the oven at 350. They take at least 20 minutes, sometimes longer depending on how crispy you make them.

Thats it, easy-peazy! ;) Serve hot and enjoy!

SweetP.2

Don't forget to switch it up and use regular potatoes for french fries by following all of the steps above with only olive oil, salt and pepper!

xoxo
Janelle

12 comments:

Unknown said...

omg sweet potatoes! haha

Xx
Jay

check out my blog to..

http://JAYSTRUT.com

Emma Litton said...

I lovee sweet potato fries!! yummm.

xo,
Em

Tamera Beardsley said...

what a wonderful and simple recipe my dear! Thanks so for sharing!

Hillary Rose said...

I LOVE sweet potato fries. I'll have to try out this recipe! There's an organic fast food place in Berkeley that makes sweet potato fries with hot sauce to dip them in. Sohohohoo good!

Sarah said...

That sounds absolutely and utterly delicious. And looks even better. I need to try to make these!

Unknown said...

I love making these so much. I like to have them just as a snack on their own. They're great with greek seasoning and then dipped into a tzatziki sauce.

Miss Chloe said...

a guilty please, and definitely a weakness... dare i try?


ps. i love your blog.

Toni said...

Yum! I do this with butternut squash too.
Thanks for the comment on my blog, gonna look around yours now!

Mariel Torres said...

This looks absolutely delish! I love love love sweet potatoes :)

Dana Fox said...

mmmm i love sweet potatoes! gonna have to try this! hi from your newest follower :)
xo dana
thewonderforest.com

Maggy said...

yummo, well done. Pretty much any time I see SP french fries on a menu...I will get them.

MILA said...

i love making this. and they seriously go with everything.