Friday, April 20, 2012

A Fresh Start

FloralFabric2
Cream Floral

In the past few months my life has changed drastically. I've had to make many decisions that were extremely hard. There was a lot of time spent in the "crying bed" surrounded by the best of friends that I am SO LUCKY to have that have accepted me at my worst and have been helping restore me to my best. That's the most I'll say about my blogging absence, but life is good now. I am happy and so excited for the future and the now. It is simply fabulous being back in Philadelphia... the city I love. :)

Over the past few weeks I've set aside my crochet hooks and have replaced them with my sewing machine. I've really enjoyed working with it, even though we have had our fair share of arguments, we still love and respect each other. ;)

Here are some wire headbands I made out of vintage and vintage inspired fabric that double as ascots. A lovely customer even told me she would wear one on her wrist! They are now for sale in my Etsy shop, so check them out. They are perfect for the coming warm months and even make really great gifts. Some of the fabric is one of a kind, so grab them while you can.

Plaid_Fabric
Plaid Fabric

Lavendar Fabric headband

Lavendar_Fabric_Neck2
Lavendar Fabric (My personal favorite!)

Yellow_Fabric_Flower2
Yellow Floral Fabric

xo
Janelle

9 comments:

Jenni Austria Germany said...

the lavendar bow headband is my favorite! so pretty.

Unknown said...

Aw! All the headbands look so cute! I'm glad you're back to blogging!

Holly said...

So cute! I think the lavender one is my favourite too :)

elettrarossa said...

...Great headbands! Wish you a wonderful time in Philadelphia!!!

Janelle Haskin said...

Thank you so much loves! :)

manzanita said...

you've gone ombre?! I have been wanting to do this, but I think my hair needs to get a bit longer. You look great! I love the new scarf line.

Janelle Haskin said...

I did go ombre!! I cut my hair a few months ago and it's finally growing in... I'm excited for it to be long again, I think the ombre will keep looking better and better as it gets longer... But I'm pretty happy with the change! :)

Frannie Pantz said...

These headbands are so pretty! I wish you the best and a healing heart in your time in Philly. Take care and thanks for visiting my blog!

Inroll said...

Lovely headbands!! They look realy vintage, I love them!!
Thanks for your comment in my blog ;)
Best,
Eldara